A family that literally lost everything
- The Caritas Monteserrin team, the Ramos' family, and Zapatos Rotos members managed to collect and deliver basic products, such as food and clothes along with a Bunk Bed for their children (see pictures). Thank you!
Celebrating Children's Day in Huixquilucan
- The Charities and Activities Committee (CAC) along with the Zapatos Rotos team managed to collect and deliver toys to a community in Huixquilucan to celebrate Children's Day. We would like to thank everyone for bringing such joy on this special day!
Hearing Aids Device
- Zapatos Rotos contacted PonteOreja foundation, which previously helped us to get hearing aid devices for children with special needs. The foundation responded graciously and today Alfredo has gotten his hearing aids. Thank you!
Hornos de Zoquiapan
- The Charities and Activities Committee (CAC) along with the Zapatos Rotos team, Caritas, hairstylists, and Lucha Libre wrestlers visited one of the most impoverished neighborhoods in the state of Mexico known as Los Hornos de Zoquiapan, Ixtapaluca.Shoes, a wheelchair, toys, and 80 bags of clothing from the CAC were handed out to locals — lifting people’s spirits in the neighborhood. In addition, hairstylists were on hand for free haircuts and the presence of Lucha Libre wrestlers Negro Casas & Dallys brought smiles to little and big kids alike!
Singing For Hope
- Here at Zapatos Rotos (ZR), we recently learned of a group of 18 young girls who live in an orphanage. The group gets together with a music professor every Saturday to rehearse singing and they enjoy this time very much. We contacted the orphanage to setup an appointment and just completed our first visit with the group. When we arrived and met the girls, they sang us a few of the songs they had been practicing. They sang with such passion, energy and happiness that we felt delighted as we listened to them. Later, we learned of some unfortunate circumstances that these girls face and how music plays such an important role for the group. Music and singing brings hope and self-esteem to the girls’ lives.
- After our visit to the orphanage, the ZR team, got together and contacted a recording studio; We wanted to see if it was a possibility for the girls to record an album and then for them to be able to sell the CD’s and raise funds for their cause. This is the beginning of a new initiative for us at ZR, however, we believe it can create a modest, sustainable income for the orphanage in general, and specifically the girls
- We managed to sponsor for 10 children in equestrian therapy, for at least one year. This was one of the priorities requested by the parents. We thank El Despertar for their support and social responsibility in the community of Mexico.
Grupo Alegria de la Tercera Edad
- El Grupo Alegría is a group of elderly women and men whose main concerns lie on their hearing disabilities, which has prevented them from following conversations with their friends and loved ones.To alleviate their troubles, Zapatos Rotos contacted the PonteOreja foundation (MVS Radio), which previously helped get hearing aid devices for children with special needs. The foundation responded graciously and immediately began processing each of the 13 members to get them hearing aids as well. ZapatosRotos is proud to be a part of this alliance that has helped us once again achieve our goal of helping those in need. Thank you, PonteOreja foundation, for making this possible!
- ZapatosRotos is happy to share that – with the help of many – we were able to lend a hand to Patricia and her mother Veronica.
- We were able to get 80 disposable diapers, special needs stroller, and a bed cover set with sheets to Patricia who has cerebral palsy. The story of Patricia and her mom moved us when we met them.
A New Microwave for the School Cafeteria!
- ZapatosRotos along with the association of school parents (PTA) from the Special Education - Escuela 48 - donated a new microwave for the cafeteria, demonstrating another great effort between our team and the parents. The students will now have the ability to heat their meals during breakfast and lunch.
A Little Thing Bring a Big Smile
- Our alliance - Ponte Oreja Foundation - once again has collaborated with the children of our project delivering 60 balls in commemoration of the Children’s Day. Thank you!
Mother's Day Bazzar
- We have been fortunate to participate in a craft fair in commemoration of Mother's Day. Products sold were hand made by mothers of our project. The proceeds of sales made at this event went directly back to benefit the mothers and their families. Our alliances also joined this bazaar to help the sales. We would like to thank all the people who made it possible for us to participate in this great event and say that we have once again achieved our goals as helping those most in need. Thank you!
Special Needs Stroller
- We reached our Goal! You made Celina and her son Bryan dream come true. Thank you to all of you (Katie, S. - Carrie, A - Bradley, T - De la Torre family - Claudia, S. Micahel, S. - Susana, G) who helped make this possible; see pictures in Gallery!